Lady Rockets Acquire a New JV Coach

Adysen Harre, Staff Writer

The Okawville Lady Rockets basketball team welcomed Paige Kasten as the new assistant coach. Coach Kasten graduated from Nashville High School in 2018. She was a huge asset to the Nashville Hornettes girls basketball team as their point guard. Although she does not hold any state titles in basketball, she made a lot of personal accomplishments throughout her high school career. Coach Kasten holds a record for the Nashville Hornettes, most three-pointers in a career. She was also named to be All-Conference three years in a row and All-State her junior and senior years.

Coach Kasten graduated this spring from Mizzou with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism Strategic Communications and a Minor in Business. Although Paige decided not to further her basketball career into the collegiate level, there is no doubt she knows her way around the game. “I am so excited to be back on the floor, but even more excited to be on the sidelines helping the Lady Rockets excel at the game I love,” says Coach Kasten.  The Okawville community has been so welcoming to Coach Kasten, especially Head Coach Michelle Hasheider. “I grew up idolizing her and respecting her as a coach when I played against her as a Hornette. She taught me a lot while I was playing, now I am grateful I get to keep learning from her as an assistant. We work really well together and have high hopes for this season.” says Coach Kasten. The players got to experience a little bit of Coach Kasten’s coaching style this summer and they are all excited to see what this season has in store for them.