Christmas Cheer Week

Briley Rhodes, Co-Editor-in-Chief

OHS is starting the holiday season by showing their Christmas spirit. Clubs have decided to participate in this by sponsoring days. Each day the 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participants will win a prize at the end of the week.  Also at lunch, a student from each class will be given an extra prize for being the most festive. 

To start it off on Monday, December 13th the day will be Red vs. Green Day which is sponsored by Mu Alpha Theta. The upperclassmen and 8th graders will wear red, and the underclassmen and 7th graders will wear green. Candy canes will be handed out at lunch.  

On Tuesday it is Christmas Calcetines (socks) Day sponsored by Spanish Club. At lunch, Christmas tree snack cakes will be handed out. 

Wednesday is Lounging around the Christmas tree day, wear your fleece and sweatpants. National Honor Society and Student Leadership team will sponsor this day, and a chocolate treat will be handed out at lunch. 

Thursday brings us to fleece and flannel day sponsored by the FFA. They will hand out Reese’s Christmas trees at lunch. 

To end the week off on Friday Art club will be sponsoring Ugly sweater day. At lunch, students will be given a cup of hot chocolate. 

To end the Christmas cheer before finals start Science club will be sponsoring wear a Christmas/winter hat day on Monday. All participants will receive a blow pop. 

We encourage all to participate and show your Christmas spirit!!