Teacher Spotlight : Mrs. Donovan

Justice Altenbaumer, JH Staff Writer

Mrs. Dana Donovan is a teacher at Okawville on the Jr. High and High School side. She has worked here for 20 years, starting in the 2002-2003 school year. She teaches upper English classes (English 3 and English 4) and a few elective English classes (Speech, Professional Communications, and Modern Novel). Her English 4 and Speech classes are dual credit, which means that students can earn college credit from Kaskaskia College in addition to their high school credit. She also teaches Journalism and Creative Writing when they are offered. She also advises the HS yearbook staff, JH yearbook staff, JH/HS news website staff, the Quill & Scroll Journalism Honor Society, and the Senior Slideshow Committee. She only works with Seniors and Juniors for the school day, but during extracurricular activities, she sees all grade levels 7-12. 

Mrs. Donovan lives in Shiloh with her husband, 10-year-old son, 3 dogs, and a lizard. She has many things she likes to do outside of school, including reading and watching her son play sports such as soccer, basketball, and baseball, or play in the school band (he’s a percussionist). She loves to read and some of her favorite shows, books, and movies are Harry Potter, Friends, Marvel, and she enjoys Disney.  Her favorite characters are Hermione Granger, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Black Widow. A cool fact about her is her niece was named Natasha after Black Widow.  Mrs. Donovan is very involved in our school and Okawville is very appreciative of her!