New Coaches for Jr. Rockets Baseball

Lily Cragen, JH Staff Writer

The Jr.High baseball team has started their season for 2022. They have two new coaches this year, coach Dan Kramer and coach Theo Dudeck. The boys have had struggles this year against some very good teams. Their record for the season right now is four and nine, but they have a lot of games still ahead of them. They have wins against Lebanon, Marissa, Hoyleton, and Carlyle. 

When I asked Mr. Dudeck what got him interested in coaching Jr. High baseball he responded, “I have been interested in becoming a coach ever since I was younger and have always loved sports and being a part of them. Since I can no longer play, coaching was my next step and I knew I wanted to coach from a very young age.” 

I asked how he liked the team and he said, “I love the team, I think the boys are all around such a great group of kids that it makes it very enjoyable to do.  They listen and work hard which makes practices and games enjoyable and fun to be a part of. I am looking forward to just being a part of this team as well as this community and representing Okawville to the best of my abilities and to be able to grow these kids now just as athletes, but as young adults as well.”

I then asked Mr. Kramer what got him interested in coaching Jr.High baseball, he said, “Baseball has always been one of my favorite sports. When I was in college I got a job working with the Gateway Grizzlies and really fell in love with the sport.” 

When asked about his experience coaching and playing baseball he said, “I have been coaching baseball for the last 10 years for my son’s select baseball team. I, unfortunately, did not play baseball in high school.”