FFA Attends National Convention

Lillian Helbig, Staff Writer

On Thursday, October 27, several FFA members departed from Okawville to head to the 95th National Convention. The members who went were Paige Riechmann, Lily Helbig, Hayden Hagarty, Reid Hemann, Owen Borrenpohl, Ryland Helbig, Dillon Teter, Shane Klasing, Madison Gogolek, Maggie Boecklen, Jacob Funk, Mr. Berg, and their student teacher Mr. Meyer. 

They arrived in Indianapolis around 10:30 am where the convention was held. They first went through the FFA expo and Shopping mall until 2:30 pm. Then, they headed to their 2nd general session at the Lucas Oil Stadium. After that, they went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and went through a haunted greenhouse before heading back to the hotel. 

On Friday, they went to the 4th general Session, where Mr. Berg received his Honorary American Degree. Next, they finished walking through the FFA Expo and headed to tour the National FFA Center. Mr. Berg then took the students back to the hotel to get ready for the rodeo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds which lasted for 4 hours. 

Saturday, the last day, they packed up the bus and left the hotel to make it to the American FFA Degree Ceremony, where two former Okawville students, Nathan Linker and Caleb Unverfehrt, received their American Degrees. Lastly, once that was done, they left to head back to Okawville.