Junior Class Attends SAT Practice Nights

Ellie Frederking, Staff Writer

Every year juniors in the state of Illinois are required to take the SAT to graduate. The SAT this year takes place on April 13, and it is arguably the biggest and most important test that students will take in high school. With that, the teachers and faculty at Okawville want to make sure that the students are as prepared for the SAT as they can be. In this, they have created 8 practice nights that span from March-April where students can come and work with teachers, in their specialized fields, to practice for the actual test. Many times have also been accounted for so that all students have an opportunity to show up.

The practice tests allow students the chance to work on pacing and time management, as that has been concluded as a huge factor in the test. Also taking different practice tests that include different material helps students to be well rounded in categories that can be brought up during the test. Parents have also been generous to volunteer nights where they will bring in food/snacks for the students as they practice, which also motivates more kids to show up. The dedication and support of the teachers at Okawville do not go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated by students in the long run.